Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Musial: "I have more baseball left in me"

St. Louis (May 13)- After hitting his first home run of the season, after almost 90 at-bats, Cards veteran Stan Musial says that, at age 38, he feels like he can play a few more years.

"I have more baseball left in me," Musial said as he spoke to reporters, shirtless, sipping a 7-Up soda. "I haven't had a great start, but I feel good physically."

Musial had three hits in the Cardinals' 6-3 win over Milwaukee on Wednesday night, which lifted his batting average to just .233. He has just seven RBI this season.

Still, Musial discounts the effects of age.

"Is my bat as quick as it was 10 years ago? Of course not. But you have to make adjustments. The team is winning, so that's good."

The Cards have won six straight games and are just one game out of first place.

Musial added that his goal is to play beyond the age of 40, which would take him at least into the 1961 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment